On second thoughts
- Meaning: After thinking about something, I've made a different decision
- Synonym: to change one's mind
- Example: "On second thoughts, I will join you after dinner tonight at the movies because I don't have to work early tomorrow.
- Meaning: A keen intuitive perception or insight, an extension of the five senses.
- Synonym: instinct, "I've got the feeling that..."
- Example: "My sixth sense tells me that she wasn't upset about her grade...I think she was upset about something else..."
The whole nine yards
- Meaning: everything, all of it
- Synonym: the works
- Example: "We received the best of treatment on our business trip to New York, a driver, expensive restaurants and theatre tickets, the whole nine yards!
Twenty-four seven (24-7)
- Meaning: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Synonym: day and night
- Example: Denny's all around the United States are open 24/7
- Meaning: Somebody who says or does one thing, but then says the opposite to someone else, untrustworthy, deceiving.
- Synonym:double dealing
- Example: She's a two-faced woman. She told you one thing, and then turned around and lied to my face!