Friday, April 15, 2016

Difference Between WHILE & WHEN

Basically, we use while with the progressive or continuous verbs, and we use when with the simple verbs.

Here are some examples:

PAST

While I was driving my car, I was drinking a Starbucks coffee.
When I saw my old friend, I ran and gave her a hug.
I was watching T.V. while my dog was taking a nap.
I went inside when I realized the door was open.

PRESENT

While I am correcting papers, I listen to music.
When I go to Mexico, I always eat tons of guacamole.
They are eating dinner while the kids are playing.
When we arrive, we will have lunch.

Hope this helps! Leave any questions below you may have below...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

When do I use HAVE and HAS?

"Have" and "has" are both present tense conjugations of the verb "to have," and we use "have" or &q...